Information for applicants
Please don’t try to apply until you have been accepted for a volunteer role at Le Pas Opton. Make sure you have applied by the time you start your volunteering in France. Thank you!
How to apply:
In a Word document or pdf, on one side of A4, please give us the following information.
- Your name and address, a phone number and email address
- The volunteer role and the dates for which you have been accepted
- A brief summary of your financial situation (where the income comes from, what your main costs are). We don’t need exact figures, just an overview.
- A few sentences about your hopes and dreams for working with us.
Email your document to [email protected] and we’ll usually give you a decision within 14 days.
Information for donors
You can make a difference by supporting the SHH Sponsorship Fund.
The fund provides some income for volunteers, usually students, who serve for four weeks or more in the summer. These people might otherwise need to choose a different summertime job.
Our vision for these animateurs is that they bring godly character, energy and creativity to our kids and youth work, making it a fun and life-changing experience for our guests.
We know that the young adults who fulfil these roles often have leadership potential and are likely to make an impact for God’s kingdom in years to come. We ensure that their time at LPO contributes to their growth and maturing, with plenty of learning opportunities and practical experience.
£11 per month sponsors a young volunteer for a week
£65 per month sponsors a high season children’s worker for their whole summer of serving
You can donate by
- Making a monthly contribution by direct debit
- Making a one-off donation online
- Supporting the Sunday offerings at Le Pas Opton. These offerings are shared between several beneficiaries including the Sponsorship Fund.
To be fully donor-funded, we need to raise about £40,000 each year. Please consider prayerfully about a generous donation that will have a real effect on the life of a volunteer and many guests.